Thursday, February 12, 2009

so close

It's so close I can almost taste it.





....Reading Week.
The ten days they let you out of school.
To study.
To finish homework assignments.
To actually read your textbooks.


I'd like to say I'm going to rebel, stick it to the man, and do none of the above.
But the truth of the matter is that sometimes I'm actually a sensible person.
Perhaps I'll study for my Mass Communications test.
Maybe I'll work on that video assignment for my Intro to New Media course.
I may possibly dig out my Reporting textbook and read a couple of chapters.


But not for the next five days.

I'm driving to Saskatchewan; taking another trip back home.
I'll read out loud and sing along and talk.
A lot.
We'll stop to take photos with signs of towns with funny names like Dundurn and Elbow. (I'm serious.)
We'll meet up with family to over eat and stay up too late.
We'll go tobogganing and hope nobody brought their canoe.
We'll meet the babies and eat at Langs and, no doubt, play Dutch Blitz.


And I'm just one assignment away.
One more measly little story.
A few hundred words
and
I
am
free.

3 comments:

melange muse said...

Just so you know I hope to see some steller pictures from this trip!
Don't let me down...

mjhenrie said...

I love this post! Even how the words look at the end. I am excited to see you this weekend! Sat AM at Erin's?? We'll talk.

The Whiddens said...

Dundurn and Elbow are all fine and dandy, but did you stop in Eyebrow, Sk??? :)